Resize Text: |

Transfer of Conditional Registration/ Enrolment

Nurses/midwives on conditional registration/enrolment must make a request to Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) to transfer their registration/enrolment if they wish to change employment or work in a different place of practice.

When requesting for the transfer, you must:

a) have resigned from current employment;

b) have an offer of employment from another healthcare institution;

For those who wish to practise nursing in home care settings or ambulatory setting, you must have at least 2 years of continuous nursing practise (in acute hospitals, community hospitals or nursing homes only) with one employer in Singapore. This 2 years continuous practise must be completed in the last one year to ensure recency of practise.  A 6-months competency assessment on home-care competencies is required and your transfer will only be approved after you have passed this competency assessment with the new institution. 

The employing healthcare institution will need to apply for transfer for the nurses/midwives. Please note that the HR must submit the application online with the required documents and fees.

You can only commence practice with the new employer or place of practice after your application for transfer of conditional registration/enrolment has been approved.

Guidelines for Transfer of Conditional Registration/Enrolment

1. Documents required

a) Certified true copy of Reference/Work Testimonial from previous employer

b) Letter of offer of employment from another healthcare institution

c) Nurse/Midwife’s letter of request for transfer

d) Certified true copy of these documents, to be submitted in support of the application:

  • NRIC/Passport
  • Marriage Certifcate, if applicable
  • SNB Certificate of Registration or Enrolment
  • SNB practising certificate
  • Job description in the new institution (such as in home care settings and where applicable)

i) Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by an accurate translation in English and certified by Justice of Peace, Notary Public from their country of origin.

ii) Documents certified as "true copies"

♦ Must be initialled on every page of the document by the authorized officer (Justice of Peace, Notary Public or your employer, unless otherwise stated.

♦ Must include the name of authorized officer (full name), signature, date of certification and institution’s stamp/seal

iii) Photocopies of previously certified documents will not be accepted.

iv) Copies which are not acceptable to SNB will result in the delay of your application.

e) If you have returned to Singapore after practising nursing/midwifery in another country, you are required to provide:

i) Certified true copy of work testimonial(s) or references; and

ii) Verification of nursing registration from the nursing registration authority in the country of practice.

♦ This is to verify that you are registered as a nurse/midwife in that country, and that no proceedings have been taken or are pending against you.

♦ You are required to make the request with the nursing regulatory authority to send the verification directly to SNB Operating Office.

If you have left Singapore for more than 5 years, you are required to apply for re-registration/re-enrolment. Please refer to separate guidelines.

2. The SNB Fee for Transfer of Conditional Registration/Enrolment is applicable and non-refundable

3. A new certificate of registration/enrolment will be issued upon approval and you must return your previous certificate of registration/enrolment to SNB.

If you have lost your previous certificate of registration/enrolment, you must apply for a replacement before the new certificate of registration/enrolment can be issued to you