|Important Instructions On Putting Up A Statutory Declaration|
[Click here to download a pdf copy of this instructional sheet]
(A) Before submitting the Statutory Declaration
1. Before you proceed to lodge a complaint against a medical practitioner, it is important that you have read and understood the information found under 'Things You Should Know Before Making A Complaint To SMC'.
2. The Statutory Declaration can be made before the Commissioner for Oaths at the Singapore Medical Council ('SMC') located at 16 College Road #01-01 College of Medicine Building Singapore 169854. The location of SMC can be found here. When your complaint is ready for submission, please call at 6372-3074 to make an appointment with the Commissioner for Oaths before you come to submit your complaint. No payment is required if the Statutory Declaration is affirmed before one of SMC's Commissioners for Oaths.
(B) When submitting the Statutory Declaration
1. On the day of the appointment, please ensure that you have a photo identification ready for identification purposes (e.g. Identity Card, Driving Licence, Passport etc).
2. Please fill up the particulars required in the Statutory Declaration form. The full name of the doctor(s) complained against and the practising place(s) must be provided in the form.
3. Please note that failure to complete the Statutory Declaration form correctly may render your complaint invalid. You will need to re-submit an acceptable Statutory Declaration.
4. Please ensure that the paragraph below is inserted at the top portion of the first page of your written complaint. If your complaint does not have enough space to insert paragraph, please click here for a separate copy.