1. The Singapore Medical Council (SMC) Election 2016 will be held from Monday, 1 August 2016 (8.00am) to Monday, 15 August 2016 (11.59pm) to fill two (2) positions in the Medical Council arising from the end of term of office for the following members on 10 October 2016:
a) Dr Hong Ga Sze; and
b) Dr Leong Choon Kit.
2. The two (2) candidates with the most number of votes will be elected to serve for a period of three (3) years.
3. We are pleased to announce that the following candidates are standing for election:
a) Dr Chia Kok Hoong;
b) Dr Ganesh Ramalingam;
c) Dr Leong Choon Kit; and
d) Dr Lye Tong Fong.
4. Voting will be done online via the Professional Registration System (PRS).
5. You can access the Election portal by logging into the PRS via the SMC website (www.smc.gov.sg) using your SingPass username and password, as well as a One Time Password generated via the 2FA. Please note that the PRS is best viewed using Internet Explorer 8.0 or above.
6. Once you have logged in successfully, kindly select the “ELECTION” menu which can be found on the left side of the page. Thereafter, please select the “Election Page” menu to view the candidates’ curriculum vitae.
7. Please note that you can cast your votes from Monday, 1 August 2016 (8.00am) to Monday, 15 August 2016 (11.59pm)1. The online voting system will close after Monday, 15 August 2016 (11.59pm) and no votes can be cast thereafter.
8. Once you have submitted your vote successfully, your voting reference number will be stated on the “Election Page”. If you are unable to view your voting reference number after you have submitted your vote, please contact the Assistant Returning Officers for assistance.
9. You have to log in to the PRS personally to cast your votes online. Please note that you cannot authorise another person to vote on your behalf.
11. We would like to remind you that voting is compulsory for all fully registered medical practitioners resident in Singapore who have in force a practising certificate during the election period. If you fail to vote, you will not be entitled to apply for a practising certificate unless you satisfy the Registrar that you had a good and sufficient reason for not voting at the election or pay to the SMC a penalty of $500.
12. If you have any queries or require any assistance in voting, please email us at email@example.com or contact one of the following Assistant Returning Officers:
- Mr Ernie Lim : 6355 2469
- Ms Guessie Chan : 6355 2394
- Mr Lim Heng Seng : 6355 2390
- Ms Jaslyn Ng : 6372 3140
- Mr Wilson Low : 6355 2470
13. Thank you.
1 Please note that due to the weekly PRS system maintenance conducted every Wednesday from 6pm to 8pm, you will not be able to access the PRS to vote during the service maintenance period on 3 August 2016 and 10 August 2016. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.